Dearest Michael Wang,
Happy 1st wedding anniversary to you. I thought I could write a long, overflowingly sappy love letter to you here on our blog and use overly eloquent words and phrases to profess my love and gratitude (see what I’m doing here?) Or I can make it quick and sweet because one way or another, I’m determined to commemorate our first year together as husband and wife. So how about both?
My best friend, lover, truest companion til the very end…Thank you for this year! Wowwwww, what a year of very high highs and very low lows! It’s truly been a wild but delightful adventure these last 12 months. My love for you has deepened as has my profound respect for you as a leader and a friend. Your humble spirit and gentle nature has won me over again and again. Thank you for continuously drawing close to God even though your wife can make leading our family difficult at times. For the endless laughter you’ve brought me this year (and I know how hard you try on a daily basis), I’m forever grateful. Thank you for keeping an open mind on our future, for being fearless in carving out a path of our own – for entertaining the possibility of embarking on an every crazier adventure by my side, to discover, explore, and experience. You’ve etched deep in my heart and mind a love that I’ve never experienced. Without you, my days would be completely colorless. Enough sap yet?
Here comes the more condensed version of my endless but sincere gratitude list -Thank you husband for:
1. proposing and taking everyone to Fletcher’s after. That was a glorious meal and it is a glorious ring
2. your reaction when I walked down the aisle
3. flying me to beautiful Bora Bora for our honeymoon and letting me climb on your back at the ray feeding
4. post-Thanksgiving Vegas Trip
5. 1st visit to Disney
6. birthday trip to snowboarding and teaching me very patiently day after day
7. back rubs and feet rubs and butterfly kisses every morning before you leave
8. always saying “I love you” after we bicker and always saying “I love you” before you hang up
9. weekly trips to Fletchers – hands down best tacos in all the land (including Mexico – not that I’ve been)
10. my goyard. I will take care of it like my first born
11. your patience. I would melt without it
12. your humor. I would melt without it
13. my future golden retriever puppy
14. your big soft heart and your big brown eyes
15. things I can’t mention publicly for sake of modesty
16. when you reach over for my hand while driving somewhere
17. our endless dinner parties and you doing dishes after
18. still wanting to be married to me after our 1st year!
Happy 1st wedding anniversary Mr. Wang. To us! To many more anniversaries to come!
Heaven is going to be so sweet with my best friend by my side.
Very truly yours,
And now both our wedding videos and Mike’s home-made honeymoon video to share!